Thursday, October 9, 2008

sweeter life


Today is exactly one year since i wrote my first blog. A lot things have changed and time flies too fast that I don't even notice that I am aging (but who is not?)..... another +1 year to my personal numerics.


I recall the views of George Carlin about aging. He says that as people age, excitement tends to be reduced and the numbers (age) start to be put hidden as much as they could. The question of "How old are you?" is being answered in a manner less direct or even away from the question or inquiry itself (maybe up to the point of "no number question, please"). Mr. Carlin illustrates it by the following responses from being a baby or kid, adolescent to adulthood or super-adulthood:

Q: "How old are you?"
R: "I'm four and a half." (no one says "I'm thirty-eight and a half.")
R: "I'm gonna be sixteen." ( no one says "I'm gonna be forty.")
R: "I'm turning twenty one." (no one says "Im turning fifty.")

So quickly we become 21, we turn 30, then we're pushing 40 or reaching 50. It was just so fast! In one day, we say we make it to 60 or 70. After that, each day is being counted, we hit 80 and then we might say during our next birthday that "I was just 82."

But, isn't it true that age comes with wisdom? Others contend Yes but in a diminishing rate. To me so long i can count the blessing each day and each night, and every time i see my kid growing up with me and, of course, my other half growing old me (but not as fast), then i realize that wisdom tells me that aging at whatever stage remains exciting and fulfilling.

Yeah, i turned thirty five a day ago and my life, thanks and praise be to God, becomes sweeter and sweeter!

No comments: